My First Professional Review? All Must Die(2022)


Hey Guys, I know that I've been a bit loosey goosey on this blog but I recently got offered a lovely oppurtunity so here I am. Recently as in a couple days ago Breaking Glass Pictures has reached out to me to review one of there films. I of course seized upon this opportunity because I'm a media critic or something *gasp I know you come here to read snickdoodle cookie recipes. 

Of course with said promotion and the very sexy pre-screening of said film comes an ethical delimma that all critics face, how do you balance the need to please those who give you said such perks with the autheticity needed to do such a job?

It's a type of article I've never made before and that requires me changing my formatting. which *shudder* is the true horror of being a blogger. 


So first lets talk about the whole productions stuff. Breaking Glass Pictures is an Indie Movie Distribution company and while I can't say that there horror selection partically stands out, (the market is rather saturarted), they do have quite a few foreign and LGBT films that have actually caught my eye. 

Its directed by Geir Greni and according to her own words will be her very first horror film. 

"This is my first horror-movie, but it will not be my last. I find that the horror-genre is maybe the only place, in which you can really continue to explore the medium of film, and I hope that we have done our best to add to that."

As far as I can find from online Greni has been directed since the late 90s and this will be her second feature length film after UmeÃ¥4ever(2011), which while I don't speak Norwegian looks like a Screwball Roadtrip Romantic Comedy. It will be interesting to see how Greni transitions to the genre and whether or not she'll include any of her previous learnt comedic skills. I'm not the most famaliar with Norwegian cinema to be honest so it will be nice to have another taste of that style of filmmaking. 

Of course I'm starting to realize that I haven't told you what this movies about. Well I could summerize it for you but Breaking Glass Pictures was nice enough to send me a Press Kit? with some copywriting. Lets shamelessly steal that now. 

"My mother grew up in the deep woods of Norway. No neighbors for miles and miles. Only trees", said Greni. "I remember visiting my grandfather and knowing intellectually that we were probably as safe as we could possibly be. Still I always had this little inkling at the back of my mind - what if there is an axe-murderer out there? Hiding in the shadows. The location for this movie is actually the very place my mother grew up, and that has made the whole project extremely personal to me."



Starring Viktoria Winge, Tinashe Williamson, Julia Schacht, and Marte Sæteren, All Must Die follows Gina, who is about to get married, and her friends "kidnap" her for a last all-out bachelorette party. They have rented a country house up in the woods, miles away from the nearest neighbor. A perfect setting for the horror-themed party. The plan is to give her a proper scare. Dressed in red latex, and all on her own, Gina has to complete a strange rebus. At first it's creepy but fun. But then things occur that can't possibly be a part of the game. Or is Gina about to lose her grip of reality?



Managing My Expertations

Ok so first I will say that the Trailer leaves something to be desired but I am guinelly excited for this film. The whole idea of a horror RP game gone wrong sounds horrible fun and I really hope we get something like the humor of Zombeavers(2014) mixed with a more Norewegian style of editing like "I onde dager"(2021). This movie looks fun, it gives campy B-Movie vibes and i'm really excited to try this out. 

well readers, I want to give this article some physical space from my actually review for a few reasons. First because I'm one of those nerds that try to have a consistent tone and Second because I want you to have the oppurtunity to watch this film before I tell you what I think about it. 

I will be making a full length review of this film in the next few days so if you don't want the movie spoilered, roasted or lionized please feel free to watch it first. 

But Ryen where can I watch All Must Die?

All Must Die will arrive on Digital, VOD platforms on August 2 including iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, Xbox, and Vudu.

Comments