A Confession and the Future of my Blog


If you have been reading my blog for a while you may notice that I tend to reference a lot of deferent works throughout my articles. I do this for a variety of reasons, to provide background on a genre, referencing previous work of a director or actor, and hopefully to provide context through comparison. 

That being said i have a confession to make. I have not seen every single movie, show, podcast, and game that I have referenced. *gasp* I know I am human garbage. Either that or you don't care.

The reason why I'm telling you this is that quite a few of these films I have referenced are classics and/or simply films that have been on my watch list for years and I thought that to celebrate my 1 year anniversary of moving to Blogger to sit down and review all the movies I have referenced throughout my article writing. Now I'll get into the details of how I will do that. But First Some Statistics. 

Movies

References: 115

Percentage Watched: 45%

TV Shows

References: 51 
Percentage Watched: 34%

Podcasts

References: 17 
Percentage Watched: 65%

Mobile Games

References: 46 
Percentage Watched: ≈ 90%

What this means for the future. 

First up I'll be posting a complete list of all of my references broken up into 8 parts. Following that Instead of my regular weekly article I will now be doing a monthly wrap-up featuring not only my planned viewing but also any other film or show that I have a chance to see. The Blogging style is a bit more low effort than my previous upload schedule. That being said I have been looking at my productivity output not only on my blog but on my channel and my other blogs and I realized that I needed to reduce it drastically. I'm not the same person and I'm not in the same place I was a year ago and there are things I want to do and try in my life that I can't achieve if I spend every day hunched over my laptop. Reducing my workload allows me to not get stuck in this deadline gridlock and I've found it to be a lot more freeing creatively. Also during this project I will occasionally fill inspired to write bonus articles about streaming services as well as unique podcasts and movies, I stumble upon so it won't all be the same type of thing. Thank you for reading. 

Comments