My September Wrapup: Catering Kicks my Ass and other such Merriments


Hey Whores, Welcome Back to the Boolean Blog. I realise that I'm a bit late on actually getting out this blog and thats mostly because Daddy's been very tired. I don't have very many strong memories of last month so lets just talk about my catering events. 


First off my boss got into a car accident! What that is insane. And you think oh a fender bender right. No. Were talking multiple cars, complete wreck, license suspended, followed by comments of how the fuck is she still alive. She then proceeded to do three insane events back to back. The First event was increible involved. Apps, multiple course plated dinner. The dog tried to get into the food. The customers literally walked into are kitchen and started snacking on the hor'dorves before they were ready. Like bitch. That lamb shank is fucking raw what the hell. 

I mean but look at how good this is. 

Also the customers were High as Shit the entire time. I don't know if it was acid or mushrooms or even fucking coke but they were on a fucking rocket. Very weird to serve. Very inappropriate behavior all around. This is why I don't assosciate with the Noveau Riche. 

The other events were great intil the event. We had just an absolute about of prep and my event was a lot less involved and it turns out wow yeah I can put together a menu like that without much fuss. 

There were some game day jitters but we set up in time and thats when. Everything goes to shit. 

We have to wait an entire hour in like 50 - 40 degree weather to wait for the meat to cook. She fucking rapes us on the service and then has the absolute audacity to serve herself dead last at her own wedding. Who does that? Like for real I have never seen a single person every serve herself dead last at there own wedding. With a buffet. Catch us with our pants down. 

Not only that but she was incredible cheap with the wedding, wanting these excessive and insane demands, and then lied about the amount of people she was going to have at the wedding. I was literally set up to fail so that she could get out of paying the bill. Luckily that did not happen but goddammit did that fucking suck. 

After that I had a literally full ass workweek at my other job which I was just incredible burnt out at. SO what happened is that I took time off to get my car fixed and I have been resting, recooperating, recharging the metaphorical batteries. Like I said kittens Daddy is tired. 

But enough of how I've been working hard and spending money even harder. Lets get into 

The Good Stuff

Podcast

Haunted: The Audio Drama | Season 1

I don't remember how I stumbled across Haunted: An Audio Drama but if theres two things that I love. Its paranormal investigation and of course Audio Dramas. 

Made by Impala Films, (I have a hard time finding anything about it but it appears to be a production company presumed to be lead by Jamie Evans that seeks to make a headway into independent film and other productions), and is there main flagship product. According to a BTS interview it was original planned to be a tv show but sound production was much more practical from a budget perspective. As a content creator I feel that bitch. 

Anyway Ryen what is this shit about. 

Haunted is an Audio Drama that follows Abigail Corbin, a bubbly parnormal podcast host who has finally met her childhood hero, James Hunter, A washed-up ghost hunter who's never met a ghost. As he gets dragged back into the world of paranormal investigation thats about to change. 

At the moment of writing I am a decent bit into the second season so let me list my thoughts on the first season. 

H:AD at first glance uses the newley popular anthology format but instead of the work being disparate works coming together under the same banner its rather that each run of episodes is a story arc, that ties into the greater season. Season 1 has eight story arcs and each one is not only self-contained but manages to read into the greater story that shores up the finale. It's a more novel way of structuring the story but one thats gladly welcomed as it emcompesses the best of both worlds in terms of length of content. 

This is probably one of my new favorite audio dramas and I will be consuming season two during the spooky season. Theres some great meat on the bone in terms of narrative, lore, and character building and they manage to incorporate the Audio Drama format rather well. With the characters occasional narrating the situration. It comes off like a more traditional radio play in that regards and I care for it a lot more strongly then some recent productions I've found which act more like audio books then actually bespoke dramas, (Dark Tome and Bookburners by Realm come to mind).

Rating: Personnal Recommendation. 

TV Shows

 Kaleidascope (2023)

If you have seen any news about this show then its probably due to the main gimmick. Each episode is randomized meaning each watcher will have a different experience in their viewing. 

Which is an interesting way of doing things and I do like the type of story that plays with format but ultimately it falls flat. Ideally this type of story would be abstract and tell a story from a variety of different perspectives and vastly different time periods. The truth of the matter is that the variety of episodes take place planning for the heist, there is one heist episodes, one early prequel, and one episode 6 months after as a kind of denoument. Its also hard to trust that the process is completly randomized and I would love to know other peoples experiences with the show. 

I don't want to say that it didn't create no sense of wonder or suspence in the work but ultimatly its hard to see the benifit this constant in media res formatting has over a more traditional linear plot. Because ultimatly what I watched is a linear story cut up in a way to be mildly obtuse. 

The show itself is pretty enjoyable. Its a pretty classic heist story with a ragtag crew, an dogged detective, (who gets a rather ignored storyline), and intricate heist shit which i always enjoy. Its a pretty fun time and the characters while not the most strongly painted are played well. Its not the next masterpiece but it was an enjoyable enough time for whats advertised. 

Let me know what you think. 

Glow Up Season 5 (2023)

oh Netflix, everytime I want to quit you, you publish another season of one of the few shows I'm super into. 

Glow Up is a famalier face at this point and ultimately the formula is comforting but not bombastic. We have a sense of what to expect in a season. Some interesting highlights of the season include challenge work on the sets of Bridgerton and Ghosts, a makeup challenge set in VR, and a drag makeup campaign starring guest judge TRIXIE MATTEL. Boots the house down mother. God I just love Trixie. what a perfect women. 

The only fly in the ointment is that fan favorite Maya Jama has left her hosting position and has been replaced by Model Leomie Anderson. No shade towards Anderson I just really liked Jama's vibe and I wish her well in her new endevours. 

Anyway we all know that its great and my favorite comfort show so lets move on. 

Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey (2022)

So I may or may not have watched this in one setting. 

So if you've met me you may know that I grew up in a very religious household and so while I was never a cult level christian, we did believe in faith healing and were not supposed to own a television, (thats how the demons get you obviously), My best friend is also an ex-mormon so suffice to say I was rather interested in this documentary. 

I've seen some people poopoo this series for its repetness and padding and while I can understand that greivance. Almost all of these Netflix Documentaries have a distinct taste of overwriting to them I found this one to be the more palatable of the various docs I've seen. 

If you want to loose your faith in humanity for a bit or just want to cathartically feel bad about your religious/sexual trauma then maybe check this one out. I enjoyed it. Either that or I was a little depressed and it managed to be mildly bingable. 


Anyway sluts Sorry this took so long to get out but I have been busy with work and so on and so forth. 

Comments