Call of Duty: Mobile

Call of Duty: Mobile is a FPS based on the console franchise. It was produced by TiMi Studios and published by Activision for both Android and IOS.

The first time I played a Call of Duty game it was Black Ops II on the Playstation 3. The main campaign was ok but what I really enjoyed was the multiplayer, I was a lot younger then so my build strategy was mostly luring the enemy into blowing themselves up on bouncing bettys. I have always been a casually player in the FPS market giving my console history but its an enjoyable genre whether I'm playing slime rancher or TF2. I was recommended the game by a friend and decided to try it.

The user interface is polished. The main screen acting as a hub for the other areas of the game. The Menus for the game are intensive but the layout is fairly intuitive. The only downside is the many promotions for the loot, battle passes, and other money minutia. I've never been interested in loot boxes or skins so most of these advertisements have little effect for me. I don't mind ads I just don't like closing 6 pop-ups before I can play the game. Overall the design is excellent and well made.

The sound design is excellent entering each battle with a cacophony of gunfire, vocal stings, and warning about incoming missiles. I enjoy the hub-bub of the game with the noise coming in at every angle but I also have played the game muted, there's something to be said about popping headshots while listening to podcasts.

The Graphics are crisp presenting the fidelity and detail of the console counterparts. The models are Intricate and the Maps are well made. With high res graphics proving an immersive experience. The Layout Menu allows a close up look at both your weapons and the various attachments which are available. The photo realistic quality of the pieces allow you to appreciate the accuracy of the protravel.

All console have their biases and Mobile is no different. the main issue of porting a traditionally console genre, such as the FPS, is the switch between a tangible controller and the screen acting as the controller. Some games succeed, (such as Super Cat Bros with the 2D Platformer Genre), Others fall short of the mark(through I love the series the Papa-ria games from Flipline studio are so much better on Flash then the Mobile port). COD:Mobile definitely succeeds. The controls mimic that of the original game but is retrofitted for the mobile screen. It takes a few games to get the deft hand needed to play but once I got comfortable I was able to pawn those N00bs. The controls are pretty intuitive and it allowed me to have one of my most enjoyable FPS matches that I have had in a long time.

Overall, I am really happy to see this game on the market. A lot of people assume that mobile games are simplistic, playing like cheap juvenile flash games or Pop plush Shovelware. Call of Duty: Mobile is a great game and adds a level of quality to the market.  Activision combines the polish and design of the AAA franchise and combines it with the benefits and niche of the mobile market. Its an excellent port and has actually allowed me to enjoy a gaming experience comparable to the traditional console one. If your looking for a good on-the-go fix of FPS or just looking for something a little more AAA on the playstore definitely check it out. It's populer for a reason.

Comments